[Suggestion] IOS pad Unlock (Hackaday)

no42

iOS keyboard exploit allows brute force iPad lock screen attack

If someone with an iPad can test this out? (I dont own one) Previous attempts at using a usb adapter meant we could type into Notes. Be interesting if this can be achieved with the new HID firmware compiled with BOOT mode (thats duck_v2.1.hex).

Thanks

~Snake

This works well for the Restrictions code but with the lock screen you would have to have a long delay between each attempt. If you enter 6 wrong passwords it will disable the iPad for 1 minute and then 5 and so on. Eventually you will be locked out of the iPad for good. But the Ducky will enter passwords in.

• 1 month later...

This works well for the Restrictions code but with the lock screen you would have to have a long delay between each attempt. If you enter 6 wrong passwords it will disable the iPad for 1 minute and then 5 and so on. Eventually you will be locked out of the iPad for good. But the Ducky will enter passwords in.

After reading the "iOS Hacker Handbook" I remember being able to do this with a serial cable and correct pin-out.

Along with the Limera1n bootrom exploit.

If you want to have a look at a program that already exists, check out the "Gecko iPhone Toolkit"

But yes, I would like to see this made for the restrictions access page.