MK4 Karma is keep on knocking me off my own internet, Its Still Doing It:(

mrgray

MK4 Karma is keep one knocking me off im connected to netgear on my laptop and i have the pineapple going threw POE to my Ethernet on my laptop and when i enable MK4 Karma it says successful pass threw from netgear and kicks me off

please help thanks in advance ‹

Edited by mrgray
Fixed colors.

(Bump)

MK4 Karma is keep one knocking me off im connected to netgear on my laptop and i have the pineapple going threw POE to my Ethernet on my laptop and when i enable MK4 Karma it says successful pass threw from netgear and kicks me off
please help thanks in advance ‹

Try making sure your gateway is correct, What OS, etc

Is your computer automatically connecting to your pineapple? This could happen if you've got a saved open access point, and your signal strength to your netgear is really really weak. This would be particularly likely if your netgear has open authentication...

Either way, more details are needed. Please see Mr. Protocol's pinned thread about posting help questions in this forum.

telot

Edited by telot

Heres a list

Firmware 2.8.0

post-42429-0-21081300-1362939922_thumb.jpost-42429-0-51242900-1362939924_thumb.jpost-42429-0-92114000-1362939925_thumb.j

As you can see it kicked me off

Edited by mrgray

Don't do that.

But i like bumping into stuff^_^ hehe

sorry wont happen again

No worries, what you want to do is add your mac to the blacklist of karma.

I've already did that still same problem:/

I mean it was working before like 3 days ago but then it just stopped i've factory reset it flashed it and everything

Its very odd...

I'm having this issue as well. Specifically across reboots. I do a hostapd_cli add_black_mac <mac> and things are fine. But after reboot I have to run the command again.

Yeah, it doesn't stick after a reboot. If you want it to, add it to your /etc/rc.local file.

Do I understand correctly that the command line way works but the UI one doesn't?

Ya, rc.local is what I've done. But didnt it use to stick across reboots?! I don't recall having this issue prior to upgrading to the latest firmware.

I'm not sure if the UI is working. Someone should verify it is. Also, is there a way to query karma for the mac's its been given for black or white listing?!?

For now this is working for me,

I have two networks up the main built in one connects to netgear then i have a usb adapter that aslo connects to netgear

enable karma and main built in one gets knocked off and the usb one never gets knocked off

but still im getting knocked off my main one

but simple fix for now and the internet still works on the pineapple, also you need to share your internet again from the adapter to the pineapple

Ya, rc.local is what I've done. But didnt it use to stick across reboots?! I don't recall having this issue prior to upgrading to the latest firmware.

I'm not sure if the UI is working. Someone should verify it is. Also, is there a way to query karma for the mac's its been given for black or white listing?!?

No it doesn't stick after a reboot and u can't query what is blacked or whitelisted. That is why I made a module for blacklisting.

As Petertfm said, it doesn't stick after a reboot. I think I'll add the querying in though - that has been on my list for a while now..

In regards to sticking after reboot - that's not going to happen, not through hostapd anyway. Use Petertfm's module for that!