Alpha awus036h grabbing wlan0

comatose603

I am on 2.7.5. I have my pineapple powered with 12v from ac adapter with a powered usb hub and hooked to that hub is my Awus036h adapter. Im connected through wifi to the pineapple, same issue when connected through poe/lan.
I too have the issue of my pineapple wlan0 being switched to wlan1. Even though the pineapples wifi is enabled the blue light does not show any indication when there is another wifi adapter connected ( dont know if that had already been mentioned in any previous post.. sorry) OH yah karma is also disabled when I have the awus036h connected, I am unable to start karma either.

Well, I remember once I had the same issue: the pineapple booting with the alpha card plugged-in which ended to be attached to wlan0 and the internal card to wlan1.

Whistle Master, what did you do to force the internal nic to wlan0? I'm still having this issue with my Alpha grabbing wlan0 :(

Yeah I'm having the same issue and I'm running 2.7.7. You probably won't have wireless either since the Alfa is stealing wlan0. I'm trying to figure out a work around.

EDIT: Be sure you are running at least firmware v2.7.6 or greater. Try installing your Alfa after you boot your Pineapple... and during a test mode, connect only the Alfa to the usb. No hubs no flash drives. Then do an iwconfig to see what's what, and confirm that the Alfa has indeed been registered as wlan1 while your Pineapple remains wlan0. If all's well then plug in your hub along with your Alfa, flash drive etc and check with iwconfig again.

Depending on what I'm doing with the Pineapple at the time (e.g. jammer), I keep getting different assignments for my Alfa ... wlan4, wlan6 etc. That seems to be ok as long as I know what it is.

Edited by Zephyr

Same issue here, version 2.7.7.

It seems to grab it just when it's already plugged at boot time. Another strange thing I've noticed is that once I've committed my changed using the network module, the two if changed again becoming wlan1 and wlan2 (alfa) respectively.

It's not a big deal however since the workaround is trivial.

I have the same issue. If i boot the pineapple up with my alpha attached to my hub, i don't have any wireless. The wireless is enabled, but he sends out the ssid and i can connect to it.

It set's the alpha to wlan0 when i boot the pineapple

Execute: iwconfig
wlan1 IEEE 802.11bgn Mode:Master Tx-Power=18 dBm
RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:on

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bg ESSID:off/any
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=20 dBm
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off‹

I'm on 2.7.7 and have a mark 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are actually dropping on boot support for the awus036H - at least for now.

Version 2.8.1 will be out shortly and include lots of fixes for current wireless issues but the on boot awus036H issue has not been fixed yet.

Looking foward to it. Is there any bug database where i can submit and track bugs?

I had a lot of cool ideas with the Pineapple, but there is so many often small bugs that get in the way of getting something run fully. Now im just waiting for the firmware update and crossing finger that some of the bugs stopping me are gone.

Looking foward to it. Is there any bug database where i can submit and track bugs?

I had a lot of cool ideas with the Pineapple, but there is so many often small bugs that get in the way of getting something run fully. Now im just waiting for the firmware update and crossing finger that some of the bugs stopping me are gone.

It's funny you ask. https://wifipineapple.com/?portal&home

-Foxtrot :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on Firmware 2.8.1 and am having this issue:

iwconfig:
lo no wireless extensions.
eth1 no wireless extensions.
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=27 dBm
Power Management:off
eth0 no wireless extensions.
br-lan no wireless extensions.

I'm on Firmware 2.8.1 and am having this issue:

iwconfig:
lo no wireless extensions.
eth1 no wireless extensions.
Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=27 dBm
Power Management:off
eth0 no wireless extensions.
br-lan no wireless extensions.

How is that an issue?

-Foxtrot

How is that an issue?

-Foxtrot

I want the built in wifi to auto-start as a hot spot and I want to use my alfa to connect to my phone. It's not much of an issue as I just booted without it plugged in and then plugged the alfa in when the boot completed to work around this, but figured I'd report that this happens with the latest firmware.

We don't officially support the awus036h anymore. There are currently issues with it such as boot complications.

I just re-read this thread and saw your post stating that support for the 36h is being dropped. Not sure how I missed that; sorry about that.

I just re-read this thread and saw your post stating that support for the 36h is being dropped. Not sure how I missed that; sorry about that.

No, don't be sorry. It isn't great that the device is causing so many issues - but to keep it simple, we have moved to the NHA.