Cannot upgrade, MD5sum does not match!

LinuxDad

I have the Mark IV pineapple with version 2.4.1 (a recent acquisition). While I'm no stranger to technology, I am having difficulty in upgrading the PineApple to version 2.7.0 (The latest one on the download link).

I can download the upgrade binary, and when I do, I can start the upgrade, but the MD5 checksum presents an error and the upgrade does not continue.

Suggestions?

Yeah, use the search function / read threads on the front page - this question has been asked and answered many times. You will need to do a manual upgrade using SCP and SSH.

A very simple process and it is found in many threads / the main pineapple website under flashing.

I had exactly this problem with an old Pineapple last night. During one of the upgrades the way the MD5 was calculated and checked changed so MD5's for the newer firmwares doesn't match what the old app expects. The way to fix this is to do a manual upgrade.

Download the firmware and transfer it to the tmp directory on the device then run

sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade.bin[/CODE]

It should take a few minutes then will reboot. Future upgrades should be fine.

Ok, swap space question. I used an 8 GB USB which was suitable for the Pineapple. I created a 6GB primary, and a 2GB swap partion. I cannot seem to mount the swap. Is there a limit on the swap space size?

I do not see anything in the Logs, and cannot see the logs, on the pineapple using ssh as well.

Suggestions?

I've run into a problem upgrading from 2.4.1 to 2.7 Wifi pineapple mark iv using backtrack 5r3 because the Md5 checksum does not match, but it happens everytime with every upgrade bin from the GUI, I understand i can do it manually with sysupgrade but I don't know how to do it in BT5, could you please write the code example? Thank you.

Well I'm sorry to bother but I did read but it does not work doing exactly as intended. I have followed these steps:

• Download the firmware (make sure it is called upgrade.bin).----> downloaded 2.7
  • SCP the upgrade.bin to /tmp/upgrade.bin----> (already did this part)
  • Execute sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin
  • Wait for reboot. Done. From now on your MK4 can be treated as a normal MK4.

I am very very newbie and trying to learn linux. The trouble I have run into is sysupgrade in Backtrack 5, honestly don't know how to do this part cause this OS does not have that command (how the hell do I run that code in the shell?), do I have to get somewhere else? That's why I asked for help cause i'm stuck. Could you be kind and explain this step for me, like doing it for an idiot.. Thank you, merry christmas.