Alfa Awus036Nha Not Found In Bt5R3 Kde 32Bit

lmgonza

Well ive tried everything that i know (apparently not much)

Used airmon-ng didnt show up ,iwconifg and nothing should up, i made sure it was plugged in swapped usb cables shows up on virtual usb and then nothing.

I plug in my alfa 36h and bam works no problem. Should i down grade to BT5R1? Well anyhelp or pointers are once again appreicated thank you !

Im currently using Orcale Vm I downloaded all 3 bt5R1-3 Kde iso ran each one installed each on a a seprate virtual drive 100 Gigs each just to be safe i updated each one after install but still no signs of it only shows up on windows 7 ult 32bit but not in the VM i made sure to have the usb added to the list of devices i can get my 36h up and going but no signs of the 36nha

Thank you for your reply

-lmgonza

That's wierd, mine is working perfectly in BackTrack guest, Ubuntu is the host though.

Hmm not sure I tried on my xubuntu laptop. Just Windows 7.

Now im really going to sound like a hakling so can i make bt5 a dual boot with windows os or should i download Ubuntu and make that my Main Os and go from there?

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/tutorials/

Now im really going to sound like a hakling so can i make bt5 a dual boot with windows os or should i download Ubuntu and make that my Main Os and go from there?

You should not use Ubuntu if you are going to do wireless hacking, rather do a HDD install of BackTrack.

The networking services in Ubuntu kills your monitor interface, so you won't capture any packets,

Edited by stepking2

You should not use Ubuntu if you are going to do wireless hacking, rather do a HDD install of BackTrack.

The networking services in Ubuntu kills your monitor interface, so you won't capture any packets,

Backtrack is not really meant for an every-day OS. Packages are purposely kept out of date for compatibility of a known working setup. You can also easily disable network managers to avoid it taking over your interfaces.

Loaded BT5 KDE R3 32Bit as a dual boot and the card seemed to work but pulled weak signals nothing good everything was 88- and above well unusable i used the same 7 dbi panel antenna i use on my 36h and it was kept timing out trying to use reaver with it my 36h pulled the same signals between 50- and 75- any suggestions or should i just give up on it.

Got it up and going thanks for the help now my last question is do i need a grid antenna or something bigger then a 7dbi panel antenna to get the same reach as my 36h gets or is it a completely different playing field as far reach and signal sensitivity i get around 10 to 15 3 to 5 bar ap's with my 36h and only around 4 to 5 aps with 2 or 3 bars max but i can connect at 65mpbs compared to 54mpbs on the 36h well if i can get any more feed back id appreicate it greatly thanks!

-lmgonza

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Alfa awus036h with a 9dbi antenna and the signals are all hovering around -38 to -68. You might want to consider upgrading that antenna of yours.