Fon2100

I got a FON2100 a few weeks ago and have been looking for everything I need to unlock this little guy and turn him into a pineapple. Saddly alot of the links on the different hak5 pages are giving me a 404 :( anyone able to help me out to free this little guy and unlock his true potential?

Can't give you links off hand but if you look on the OpenWrt site they detail how to get OpenWrt installed on the 2100, take that info and install the firmware from my site www.digininja.org/jasager/

I saw that I might be able to get MKIII running on the 2100 as well. Even if it's slow I'm just mucking aound with this little guy to see what all he'll do. On the (http://cloud.wifipin...x.php?downloads) page all the older versions are giving me a file can't be found. Any advice on that one?? :) *fingers crossed*

The downloads work for me. But those are for Mark IV firmware. If you need Mark III Firmware https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0an70sofvtezzl/P1rMEo9R4a/Jasager/Mark%20III%20Firmware

So it turns out I have a UK version of the FON so it looks like I'll have to make a serial coble. I'm thinking I'll just add a port to the side of this little guy so I don't have to muck up a cable, plus I'll be able to get to it without having to open the case.

Thanks for the help so far, and wish me luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I used http://stefans.datenbruch.de/lafonera/ to unlock my fon2100, it was 0.7.2 r3 i think but after 2 or 3 restes it went back to 0.7.1.

And i trided mk3 firmware on it, dnsspoof restarts the router because of low ram i figure and i´m not that good at soldering for the memory upgrade hack.

Jasager firmware work good on it so far.

Edited by amoeba

To replace the one I blew up (push UK 240v through a US 110v plug it smells quite bad!) I just got a general purpose switchable voltage power supply. I can't remember how much it cost exactly but it would have been less than the equivalent of $50

what about the size of the jack, like i know the mark 4 uses 2.1mm ID / 5.5mm OD, Center Positive, but can find any info on the jack size for the fon

Same size.

Edit: My mistake, I was thinking of the MK3. Note to self: Don't lurk on forum when tired.

This one came with about 20 jacks, I had the device with me in the shop and tried then till I found one that fitted before buying. Nothing technical like measuring things.

i have the same thing but for a DC- car version. I like to bring it in the house, but look kind of werid now and days hacking a fon in the car..lol

I picked up a "Size N" coax-style in-lin DC power plug from my local RadioShack.

The specs on the back say;

"Tip size: 5.5 mm O.D. x 2.5mm I.D."

It seems to fit into the Fon the best when I took it into the store. However after connecting to my 4 AA battery pack I see it power on the Fon but it never seems to boot the OS. I see nothing show up in my console to the device. Not sure if I have the power wrong or what I think the voltage it a little higher than it's suppose to be..... :/ I've just been using the wall outlet for my testing so far but would like to know what I need to do to get the battery pack working as well.