16jj140.jpg

Ingredients:

1 Pineapple MK4 with latest sauce

1 TP-LINK TL-MR3020 with latest stock firmware

1 Alfa AWUS036NHA

1 USB flash memory of your choice

1 3G modem of your choice

1 Powered usb hub

1 Big ass usb battery (iSound 16000 mah)

2 SMA extension antenna cables (optional but good for flavor)

Method:

. fire up the pineapple without the usb and flash it with the latest firmware

. format the usb storage

. update the fstab with the config you have on the usb storage

. hook up the storage and fire up the pineapple again

. run petertfm's script or do your own thing of installing all the modules you like

. put the iptables commands for WAN in rc.local

now pineapple is ready, set it aside.

. get the tl-mr3020 and update its firmware

. configure the 3G tab with your modem of choice

. configure the router to be a client for another wireless access point (WISP as they say)

. configure bandwidth so it would trickle

. configure the firewall not to allow streaming media

. configure the switch for 3G and WISP to be a soft switch so you can change the hook up remotely without touching the (drop box)

now the messenger (tl-mr3020) is ready.

final preparation:

Power connections:

pineapple powered via dc socket to usb battery

tl-mr3020 powered via usb cable to usb battery

Alfa powered via Y usb cable to usb battery

usb hub powered with dc cable to usb battery (DO NOT USE a Y usb cable to power a hub - find a hub that takes dc jack)

Data connections:

alfa and usb storage into hub

hub into pineapple

3G modem into tl-mr3020

Cat5 cable from tl-mr3020 (now lan) port to wan port on the pineapple

Now the the Pie is ready to eat....

Fire up everything at the same time and log in and enjoy :)

P.S. you can of course manage the tp-link router by going to the gateway address of the wan port of pineapple :)

Any questions or comments or ideas PLEASE let me know :)

Great work!!!! It really gives you a lot of choises of how you can use your pineapple :D I have some questions for you :P

Why did you connect the power port from the Y Usb Cable directly to the battery instead of puting it next to the data port at the USB hub? Is there any difference???

Is the Y USB Cable actualy neccesary for powering the Alfa? I have read somewhere tha is not for new USB ports. It only is if the machine with the USB port (e.g. computer) is old and it is not always able to provide the 500ma that a normal USB port provides.

Edited by Giannhs

Great work!!!! It really gives you a lot of choises of how you can use your pineapple :D I have some questions for you :P

Why did you connect the power port from the Y Usb Cable directly to the battery instead of puting it next to the data port at the USB hub? Is there any difference???

Is the Y USB Cable actualy neccesary for powering the Alfa? I have read somewhere tha is not for new USB ports. It only is if the machine with the USB port (e.g. computer) is old and it is not always able to provide the 500ma that a normal USB port provides.

Thank you, this was made with what i already have and it is not optimal as i need to stray away from the metal zippers on the bag, what i am looking to do is the water proof box from the local hardware shop and make sure the antennas are mounted on the outside, also take all circuit boards out of there boxes and apply heat sinks to the main processors of both boards.

I ordered a raspberry pi and it will be coming to me in the next 1000 weeks lol, while its on its way i will be working on customizing my raspberry pwn image in scratchbox and it's home is going to be the LAN port on the pineapple.

When i connected both connectors of the alfa usb Y cable to the hub and turned on the pineapple it worked BUT when i put the alfa in mass deauth (selective wifi jammer) i started getting errors in the log from the usb storage and then lost the storage mount which ruined my active session dumps, it is really like walking over a fine wire.

You have to put into account that the battery pack is rated at 2.5 AMP/hour PEAK (do not mind the capacity of 16 AMP/hour) and the pineapple is pulling 1 Amp, the tl-3020 another 1 AMP with the connected 3G usb modem, so that leaves a little amount of amperage for the alfa and usb storage.

Why the 3G router instead of directly attaching the 3G modem to the Pineapple? I'd see that as adding unnecessary steps/links in your comm chain not too mention adding more battery drain or does this setup give you extra control over the 3G connection?

Why the 3G router instead of directly attaching the 3G modem to the Pineapple? I'd see that as adding unnecessary steps/links in your comm chain not too mention adding more battery drain or does this setup give you extra control over the 3G connection?

This setup gives me more advantage as i now can :

. Use the alfa to do tasks while the pineapple getting internet from the 3G router

. If i don't need the 3G modem i can put extra storage and tether to my iphone to provide internet to the pineapple

. Control the bandwidth on the 3G connection

. Control the protocols that can go thru and disallow VPN protocols from going thru my 3G connection except my own AutoSSH

. All this while not making the pineapple sweat with it's tiny 400mhz processor

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an update for my pineapple pudding using a pelican 1060 case :)

th_photo1.jpg

th_photo2.jpg

th_photo3.jpg

th_photo4.jpg

th_photo5.jpg

Is there any formatting needed to setup a usb hub??

I want to use a usb storage and the alfa at the same time... I was thinking about buying a usb hub but wasn't sure if you needed to format the pineapple to accept it. How did you set it up?

I would also like to add that your power-source might be dangerous... I was reading reviews on amazon and it turns out that the battery in the isound tends to expand and melt. Just a tip in case you have issues.

Edited by Neworld

Is there any formatting needed to setup a usb hub??

I want to use a usb storage and the alfa at the same time... I was thinking about buying a usb hub but wasn't sure if you needed to format the pineapple to accept it. How did you set it up?

I would also like to add that your power-source might be dangerous... I was reading reviews on amazon and it turns out that the battery in the isound tends to expand and melt. Just a tip in case you have issues.

Regarding the USB hub it is a matter of plug N play(pray) and no need to change anything on the pineapple.

For the isound it did overheat on me many many times while it is in mobile mode ( in 90 Degrees F weahter ) BUT it has a very good overheat shutdown ciruit.

Edited by Molotof

Regarding the USB hub it is a matter of plug N play(pray) and no need to change anything on the pineapple.

For the isound it did overheat on me many many times while it is in mobile mode ( in 90 Degrees F weahter ) BUT it has a very good overheat shutdown ciruit.

Which usb hub are you using? More specifically its name.

what kind of scripts are you running or how are you handling ??

". configure bandwidth so it would trickle

. configure the firewall not to allow streaming media"

All these can be configured in the web ui of the TP-Link router, HERE is an emulator of the router's standard firmware, you can play with it and explore its features :)

i think the only time i used the webui of that router was the first time i plugged it in and immediately flashed it to openwrt, not really interested in flashing it back as i know openwrt has the capability to do it and maybe i just might learn something along the way. good work with the wire up though

Thanks traffic :)

Yeah i am thinking of flashing open-wrt too on it but that would take ages to make it work like i want, let us know what you can do on it using open-wrt.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, What kind of dc cable to powered USB hub ? Can you share the link where you purchase it ?

I cut the power cord and used the plug cable with a cut of a usb cable, joined the red wire from the usb to inner wire of the plug, the black wire from the usb to the outer wire of plug.Otherwise you can get a ready made cable from the hak shop.

Thank you Marlboro for the complement :) wait till i get my second MK4 in the mail and i will be making a double shot pineapple with a screwdriver ;-)And when i get my raspberry pi, i will put them in the blender and come out as the raspberry pina-hackada.

Edited by Molotof

Any chance you have the part numbers or sku's for the RSMA extensions?

Love the project!

I got the two from the hakshop, but then you can look them up on amazon with the keyword RP-SMA male to RP-SMA female, The shorter the better, with such a sensitive signal you need the transmission line(from hornet board connector to antenna end) be as short as possible.I tested the two coil plastic antenna being sold as the 10dbi omnidirectional antenna, and it really brings all the boys to the yard ;) http://www.amazon.co...keywords=rp-sma

The above link is just an example of the antenna, look for a better quality antenna one!

Edited by Molotof

Yea I am a amateur radio operator so I can appreciate the need for a short cable to reduce loss but like your setup I need a lot to fit in a small space and could use the flexibility to mount the antennas in different locations or external etc.

If you got yours from the HAK shop that's all i need to know, at this point I just want stuff that works and not having to do the testing myself so thanks for the info!

I have so many antennas I could choke a horse....it was an obsession of mine for a wile :rolleyes:

LOL i am a HAM too since 2001, i hope you are having alot of fun on HF with this great sunspot cycle ;)

I am trying my best to teach people on how to conduct and interact with RF in a safe manner and have fun too.

At this moment i am working on a script to make tcpdump and sslstrip start up nicely when powering up the pineapple, that is when i have time to myself.

Molotof I am interested in your script, my basic modus operandi is feeding the pineapple with onsite wifi I have pre-configured into wpa_supplicant or an open network, and then starting sslstrip and tcpdump. I would be happy to test out your script :)

I got a new HF radio right before defcon and have been so busy I haven't had much time to play with it :angry: