Alfa Awus036nha

Netharion

I recently received the Alfa AWUS036NHA with my wifi pineapple mark iv, and no matter what driver package I use I get code 52. Im on windows 7 64bit and Ive tried Test mode w/ signing the drivers to test. Still doesn't work, device manager gives code 52. Im trying to use the device in a VM'd installation of backtrack5r2.

Btw the most recent set of drivers ive tried is from the Alfa public FTP

*removed*

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks Mr-Protocol, but the windows 7 drivers I downloaded from there does not seem to be working. I was able to download the driver, but when I try to install it, it does not recognize the device and gave me a BSOD twice. I do not believe that this is compatible with my 64-bit system.

Thanks Mr-Protocol, but the windows 7 drivers I downloaded from there does not seem to be working. I was able to download the driver, but when I try to install it, it does not recognize the device and gave me a BSOD twice. I do not believe that this is compatible with my 64-bit system.

have you tried a diff usb cord?

on my windows 7 64bit it automatically finds and installs the driver.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys i dont know if this tread is still alive but hopefully i can get some assistance i just recived my alfa awus036nha from the hak5 shop and i cant seem to find it on bt5r3 kde is it not compitable with it? i checked to see it was on the usb list, i did airmon-ng, iwconfig and it didnt show up( does show up on windows 7 ultimate 64 but pulling weak signals lower then my 36h) then i restarted it added my 36h and no problem. and i swapped usb cords i restarted my computer unistalled reinstalled drivers from alfa website then ran driver genius and still nothing well any help would be appreicated thanks !

• 3 months later...

I am using the same wireless card and use BT5R3 GNOME VM 32 and I followed the instructions from this page

www.alfanetworkinc.blogspot.com/2012/11/install-awus036nha-into-your-linux-box.html

and works perfect. Here are compat-wireless-6.2.39-drivers 1.tar i upload for you

www67.zippyshare.com/v/28692472/file.html

when i start backtrack first type key modprobe ath9k_hw

and alpha awus036nha works great!

Edited by nfoecstasy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just purchased the alfa awus036nha and the drivers were automatically installed on win 7 but it won't turn on when I run backtrack 5 r3. I dual boot from my laptop with an external Seagate 1tb. I have also tried to run from virtual box but the usb porting won't connect to the alfa.

Thanks in advance

Ps I followed nfoecstasys link and still I am having trouble.

Edited by GwaiLo

I just purchased the alfa awus036nha and the drivers were automatically installed on win 7 but it won't turn on when I run backtrack 5 r3. I dual boot from my laptop with an external Seagate 1tb. I have also tried to run from virtual box but the usb porting won't connect to the alfa.

Thanks in advance

Ps I followed nfoecstasys link and still I am having trouble.

In BT5 with an internet connection:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y && init 6

Then try the adapter again. Mine works on my linux desktop just fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got the Alfa NHA adapter running on ubuntu 13.04 (not yet). I downloaded, patched and installed the backports-drivers and when I like to change into monitor-mode, I get a kernel-panic. Do I have to backlist some drivers or what's missing??

I've got the Alfa NHA adapter running on ubuntu 13.04 (not yet). I downloaded, patched and installed the backports-drivers and when I like to change into monitor-mode, I get a kernel-panic. Do I have to backlist some drivers or what's missing??

I just hooked up my AWUS036NHA to my Ubuntu 13.04 install. Worked just fine, ran airmon-ng, the card went into monitor mode and I could run airodump-ng with no issues. It was changing channels properly, etc.

Not sure what your issue is.

I just hooked up my AWUS036NHA to my Ubuntu 13.04 install. Worked just fine, ran airmon-ng, the card went into monitor mode and I could run airodump-ng with no issues. It was changing channels properly, etc.

Not sure what your issue is.

You just connected the nha while installation? Okay, that's a possibility :)

No, after installation. And this is getting off topic in relation to Kali/Backtrack.

Ah okay, I think there is a driver problem. Does anybody know how I can patch my installed drivers for aircrack-ng?

When I try to set my on-board-wifi-card in monitor-mode it's the same with the nha: kernel panic ...